The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat in Mansfield died from anti-freeze poisoning.

Bo, a three-year-old female tabby, pictured right, died from kidney failure, which can be associated with ingestion of poisonous substances. A vet examination found that she had ingested anti-freeze.

Her owner, Kevin Willis, of Princess Avenue, in Forest Town, Mansfield, said she seemed lethargic on Friday (September 18). Mr Willis, 60, knew the symptoms of suspected poisonings after losing two cats to it last year … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat was shot with an air rifle in Rugeley.

The eight-year-old ginger and white male cat was found by his owner in Mill Way, in Longdon, Rugeley, with a wound to his abdomen on Thursday (24 September) morning.

Upon examination at the vets, it was found that a pellet had lodged into his pelvis. He has now been discharged from the vets and is being cared for at home.

RSPCA inspector Kate … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a pregnant dog was dumped in Stoke-on-Trent.

The five year-old German Shepherd was found by a member of the public tied up outside Hanchurch Woods in Stoke at 5.30am on Sunday (September 20).

The dog – who has been named Fern due to being found near woods – was in a poor condition, very thin and unable to eat. The member of the public took her to a vet, who contacted the RSPCA. … Continue reading…

RSPCA animal centre workers in Birmingham are celebrating reaching record rehoming levels.

Staff at RSPCA Newbrook Animal Welfare Centre found new homes for 152 neglected, abused and abandoned animals in August, the highest number from all the RSPCA national animal centres in recent years*.

Centre manager Elaine Buchan said: “We are absolutely thrilled. Our staff have been working really hard to rehome pets as quickly as possible to make room for more animals rescued by our inspectors.

“We have got … Continue reading…

A cygnet who had a small piece of metal lodged in his throat is expected to make a good recovery after being rescued by the RSPCA.

The RSPCA was called after members of the public saw the young swan struggling to swallow at Oundle Wharf in Station Road, Oundle, Northamptonshire.

RSPCA inspector Polly Underwood went to the incident on Sunday afternoon (20 September). She said: “When I caught him, I could immediately feel that there was something stuck in his … Continue reading…