An RSPCA wildlife centre has admitted a small number of gannets which were blown off course by the recent storms that have been battering the UK.

Staff at Stapeley Grange, in Nantwich, Cheshire, have been monitoring the seabirds after they were found grounded, exhausted having been blown off-course by the strong winds.

Two of the gannets, pictured left, will soon be ready to be released. One of them was found grounded in Bangor, Clwyd, and the other in Hollyvale, Birmingham. … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is urging people to check the conditions of their fences after a fox died when he got stuck in a poorly maintained fence in Birmingham.

The male juvenile fox was found by a member of the public hanging by one of his hind legs off a wooden fence in Marsh Hill, Erdington, on Saturday (28 Nov).

Now the RSPCA is releasing an image of the fox as a stark reminder to people to check that their garden fencing … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after three swans were found dead at a nature reserve.

The swans – which were all aged around two – were found by a member of the public at Fens Pool Nature Reserve, in Dudley, two weeks ago.

Their deaths have not been explained and there were no obvious wounds on their bodies.

RSPCA inspector Kelly Lake said: “We do not know if these swans died maliciously or whether this is natural, but due … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after three domestic rabbits were found in a box in a Leicestershire park.

Two brown rabbits and one black-and-grey rabbit were found by a member of the public in Westfields Recreation Ground, off Abbey Drive, in Ashby-de-la-Zouch on Friday (13 November) evening.

An RSPCA inspector took the rabbits to a vets, where one of the brown ones was found to be so poorly that the vet sadly said she had to be put to … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after two cats living on the same street died from suspected antifreeze poisoning on the same day.

Tests showed that Wendy, a black-and-white four-year-old, pictured left, ingested antifreeze, which led to her suffering kidney failure. Sissi, a black two-year-old cat, suffered similar symptoms. Both cats died on Wednesday 11 November, the day after they are thought to have ingested it.

Wendy’s owner, Lisa Pallin, said that she and Sissi’s owner, Sarah Foster, who both … Continue reading…