A young female cat has been rescued in Trebanog, after becoming trapped on a steep roof.
RSPCA Cymru was contacted after the visibly-frightened cat was spotted atop the two-storied block of flats, on Henllys in the South Wales village.
The animal welfare charity enlisted the support of South Wales Fire and Rescue Service, who had the equipment to climb the flats to reach the troubled cat.
However, the white cat with brown patches would retreat whenever approached – and ultimately … Continue reading…
The “miraculous transformation” horses can achieve after being rescued by the RSPCA is perfectly highlighted by Jack – who is settling into his new forever home in Shropshire.
Jack is a veteran 15-hand chestnut gelding who is proving a perfect companion to animals and humans alike at his new premises in North Shropshire.
However, he looked a very different horse when he first came to the attention of the RSPCA in May 2018.
Jack had been abandoned with serious welfare … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru will march at this weekend’s Pride Cymru in a show of strength against intolerance – while highlighting the prejudice four types of dogs still face under discriminatory UK law.
The animal welfare charity will again have a presence at Pride Cymru – marching in the eagerly-anticipated Parade, and discussing animal welfare with attendees at a dedicated RSPCA stand at the Big Weekend event in Cardiff.
RSPCA inspectors will join countless other organisations in the Parade, with the charity … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after a badly-injured skewbald stallion was found on Cardiff’s Rover Way.
The horse is some 15-hands high and was found with wounds to both flanks which had been inappropriately treated with iodine spray.
Sadly, the stallion, thought to be aged around 15, was found with ulcers in both eyes, lacerations to his body and was lame on his left hind. He was found to be roaming the street, lethargic and clearly in great pain … Continue reading…
A gull had to be put to sleep after becoming horribly trapped on a chimney pot on Holywell’s High Street.
RSPCA Cymru was alerted after the gull was spotted by residents, with his leg trapped by the chimney pot. The bird was left hanging by his leg, and in excruciating pain.
The animal welfare charity teamed-up with Flintshire County Council’s street lighting team to rescue the gull in the incident on Tuesday (6 August).
Sadly, the bird’s injuries were so … Continue reading…