The RSPCA has launched an urgent search for the owner of a three-legged cat, found dumped in a recycling bin, covered with fleas and ticks, in Pontypool.

Charity staff were contacted when the cat was found in the South Wales town last Wednesday (14 November).

Shockingly, a member of the public reported finding the cat inside a recycling bin.

The cat is not microchipped – and has been in the RSPCA’s care since being collected from Pontypool.

Anyone with information … Continue reading…

Animal welfarists have one week to join the RSPCA in telling the Welsh Government that wild animals in travelling circuses must be consigned to the history books.

RSPCA Cymru has been campaigning for decades to see a ban implemented in Wales – and the Welsh Government is now consulting on their draft law, that would outlaw the practice.

Supporters can take action via the RSPCA website, and thereby tell the Welsh Government that they back making the “outdated and … Continue reading…

As the one-month countdown to Christmas approaches, RSPCA Newport Animal Centre are offering the public the ideal opportunity to get into the festive spirit with their annual Christmas fete.

The fete takes place at Ringland Labour Club, in Newport’s Hillfield area on Saturday (24 November).

Attendees will have the chance to meet Father Christmas himself, at a Santa’s Grotto. There’ll also be face-painting, children’s games, stalls, various craft stalls, bric-a-brac; plus a host of traditional games – including raffle, tombola, … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru has already received more calls in 2018 than the entire previous year regarding public concerns for animals related to fireworks. 

The animal welfare charity has received 34 reports in 2018, up to 11 November, from members of the public concerned that fireworks could be having a damaging impact on animal welfare.

Since 2013, the RSPCA in Wales has had 186 calls from the public – but 2018 is on course to be the busiest for calls, when compared … Continue reading…

A Pembrokeshire man has been fined after causing his 13-year-old dog to suffer with hyperthermia after leaving him in a hot car amid sweltering, dangerous June weather conditions.

John Foster, aged 66, of Merrion Village, Castlemartin, admitted causing his crossbreed dog – Boysie – to suffer after confining the dog to the boot of a hatchback car on 30 June, shortly after 1pm.

He pleaded guilty to an Animal Welfare Act offence at Haverfordwest Magistrates’ Court yesterday afternoon (19 November)…. Continue reading…