A lorry driver who found an injured kitten stuck inside the engine of his 44-tonne articulated lorry managed to free the frightened feline – and is hoping to take him home!
Anthony Anderson was uncoupling his lorry in Washington, in Tyne & Wear, when he heard a meowing coming from inside the vehicle.
He said: “Earlier in the day I’d been tipping the lorry in Hartlepool and saw two cats run underneath my cab. I saw one run … Continue reading…
A couple rang the RSPCA to rescue a bat from a block of flats – after initially thinking someone was playing a Halloween trick on them!
The tiny pipistrelle bat gave the couple a fright when they spotted him in the corridor leading to their flat in Harris House, in Himalayan Way, Watford. They opened a window but the bat winged its way into a light shade on the wall – where he stayed put.
Concerned for the bat’s welfare, … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru teamed-up with firefighters from Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service to save a distressed cat stuck on a Llanelli roof.
A resident of an adjacent care home spotted the cat atop the roof of a Clos Glanmor bungalow in the town.
The black and white domestic shorthair was stuck on the roof overnight between Wednesday 18, and Thursday 19 October – and, by the next morning, appeared lethargic, and upset.
RSPCA Cymru was notified on the … Continue reading…
A warning has been issued about the dangers sky lanterns pose to animals as Wales prepares to mark Halloween.
Sky, or ‘Chinese’, lanterns, can be a popular part of the Halloween celebrations – but RSPCA Cymru has reminded the public that they can be “fatal to animals”.
The devices – which are lifted into the air via an open flame heat source – can be ingested by animals, or cause entanglement or entrapment. This can lead to wildlife, pets or … Continue reading…
A hungry cat had to be rescued after he got an empty tin can jammed on his head.
The RSPCA was contacted by a worried woman who spotted the cat under her car on the driveway of her home in Longton Lane, Prescot, Merseyside, on Thursday morning last week.
Inspector Helen Smith attended and managed to pull the tin off his head – before the uninjured but sheepish cat made a dash for it.
“He had got pretty much his … Continue reading…