Two cats with a severe flea allergy are recovering after being abandoned in a Leicester park.
The cats – a male and a female – were discovered by a member of the public in a plastic carrier on Aylestone Recreation Ground, in Knighton Lane, on Thursday last week (1 June).
They are now in the RSPCA’s care, where they have been given the names Dandelion and Burdock.
RSPCA Animal Collection Officer Sharon Knight, who collected the cats, said: “They had … Continue reading…
Three kittens who were abandoned on a door step in Pear Tree are recovering in the RSPCA’s care.
The tiny kittens were just 10 days old when they were found by a member of the public in Pear Tree, on 15 May. They are currently being cared for by staff at the RSPCA’s Derby branch, in Abbey Street, where they are being hand-reared.
They have been given the names Yoda, Gonzo and Rizzo, and are all doing well.
Kerry Draper, … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a frightened, underweight dog was abandoned outside an animal centre in Burton-on-Trent.
The one-year-old saluki-type dog was dumped outside the RSPCA’s Hillfield Animal Home, in Hillfield Lane, Stretton, on Thursday morning (1 June), at around 9.10am.
A black Audi A3 was seen driving away seconds after the dog was dumped.
The dog, who had no collar, lead or microchip, has been named Kiwi by RSPCA staff.
Dave Dubois, manager of the animal centre, … Continue reading…
This column was first published in the Daily Post on Monday 5 June; and is the first of Chief Inspector Leanne Hardy’s new column for the North Wales newspaper.
As summer approaches, it’s so sad to see a circus containing wild animals back on the road.
Most people I speak to across the region can’t believe that – in 2017 – we still face the prospect in North Wales of a travelling circus using wildlife for such entertainment turning up … Continue reading…
A badger has died after becoming trapped in an “indiscriminate and cruel” snare in Llanhamlach, near Brecon.
RSPCA Cymru tended to the badger on 27 May, with the device wrapped tightly around the animal’s body.
Sadly, following independent veterinary inspection, the extent of the badger’s injuries – including a damaged neck – were found to be so bad that he had to be put to sleep to prevent further suffering.
The device was not a self-locking snare, which are illegal. … Continue reading…