A plucky kitten which had got herself wedged 8ft up a chimney was freed after a four-hour rescue operation between the RSPCA and Merseyside Fire Service.
Lola’s worried owner contacted the RSPCA after hearing the kitten making noises inside the chimney.
She had not long been adopted by her owner and, feeling timid in her new home, sought a place to hide – behind the fireplace.
“From there, she had somehow managed to climb inside the chimney – about 8ft … Continue reading…
A miracle kitten who was rescued by RSPCA Cymru – after being dropped from the sky by a gull – is now available for re-homing.
The kitten was aged approximately four weeks old when, on 3 May, she was collected from the Golden Sands Holiday Camp, in the Rhyl area,
A member of the public had seen the kitten be swooped upon by a gull, before being dropped to the ground. It was thought she was from a … Continue reading…
Three orphaned birds of prey which were found helpless at the bottom of a tree are being cared back to full health at an RSPCA wildlife centre in Cheshire.
A member of the public found the baby kestrels – initially thinking they were owls – shaking and frightened in the grounds of a residential home in Doncaster, on 5 June. They were collected by an RSPCA inspector and transferred to Stapeley Grange Wildlife Centre, in Nantwich, Cheshire.
As they had … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru has rescued a litter of kittens from a Queen Street roof in Cardiff, after gulls were spotted surrounding them at the top of the three-storey building.
The charity attended the city centre building to find three kittens huddled in the corner of a flat roof, on 13 June.
Nearby gulls were encountering the kittens; potentially because – at the peak of their nesting season – they were looking to protect young fledglings nearby.
RSPCA Cymru was able to … Continue reading…
An abandoned six-month-old kitten starved to death in an Aberdare property, after tragically being unable to claw into unopened sachets of food left at the house.
Ms Rhiannon Sian Davies (d.o.b 07/06/1987), of Llwynderi, Pen Y Waun, pleaded guilty to an Animal Welfare Act offence, after leaving the cat to die in an Aberdare house, with the neglect causing the feline “unimaginable, severe and totally unnecessary suffering.”
She was given a 10-week custodial sentence, suspended for 12 months, and banned … Continue reading…