The RSPCA is appealing for information after a tarantula the size of a hand was abandoned on a Leicester street.

The spider was found, on Friday (May 5), in a plastic box by a member of the public on Narborough Road, near to the junction of Ivy Road.

The spider has been identified as a Brazilian salmon pink bird-eating tarantula, the third largest species of tarantula in the world which can grow up to a leg-span of 10 inches. The … Continue reading…

A decapitated heron has been found in the Blackwood area, reports to RSPCA Cymru suggest.

The heron was seen by a member of the public on 5 May, at the Twyn, Fleur De Lis in the town, prompting an appeal for information.

Unfortunately, RSPCA Cymru has not been able to re-establish contact with the member of the public who initially reported the incident. As such, the charity has not been able to collect the body of the bird reportedly subject … Continue reading…

A cat’s tail has been found on the street in the Splott area of Cardiff.

Members of the public have been advised by RSPCA Cymru to look out for a ginger tabby cat with a missing tail, who may be injured, after the tail was recovered from the Railway Street area.

The tail was initially found by a member of the public on 5 May. There was no blood visible near the body part, suggesting the tail had been ripped … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat suffered a serious injury when she was shot in a Liverpool street.

One-year-old family pet Tilly spent five days receiving treatment at a vet’s practice after an airgun pellet perforated her bowel, leading her to become very poorly.

It is believed that Tilly was shot with an airgun near to her home in Drakefield Road, Liverpool, sometime on Tuesday 25 April.

RSPCA inspector Helen Smith said: “This is a serious injury … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat in Ambergate died after ingesting a “large amount” of antifreeze.

One-year-old family pet Lexi was rushed to a vet on 20 April after she collapsed. Sadly, she was so poorly that she was put to sleep.

Tests later confirmed that she had ingested antifreeze, and it is thought that she ingested the toxic substance near to her home in Moorlands Road around 24 hours before she died.

RSPCA inspector Sarah Gardner … Continue reading…