A cat who had got himself stuck between two walls was freed with the help of an RSPCA officer and a bottle of washing up liquid.

The animal welfare charity was contacted by a concerned homeowner who found the cat wedged in a four-inch gap between her house and her next door neighbour’s, on Monday morning (10 April).

RSPCA Animal Collection Officer Cara Gibbon went to the address, in Hednesford Road, Cannock, and found the cat lying on his back, … Continue reading…

The three birds were found with pellet gun wounds. 

RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after a buzzard and a raven were found dead in Pen-y-Cae by a member of the public. Another bird, a crow, was found alive but with severe damage to its wing, possibly caused by being shot.

The buzzard and raven were taken to the RSPCA Merthyr Tydfil clinic for x-rays where it was discovered that they had been shot with a pellet gun. Local residents … Continue reading…

The friendly ferret might belong to someone who is looking for them.

RSPCA Cymru is trying to track down the owner of friendly white faced, brown bodied ferret in Barry.

The ferret was found in the Dow Corning silicone factory, Cardiff Road, Barry, on Friday (7 April) afternoon. Staff at the factory helped to capture the ferret before RSPCA inspectors were able to collect them from the factory and take to the RSPCA Merthyr Tydfil Clinic for a check up … Continue reading…

The RSPCA in Derby is urging people who are head over heels for hamsters to get in touch – after the centre became inundated with 40 baby hamsters.

Twelve adult Syrian hamsters were taken in to the Abbey Street rehoming centre last month by an RSPCA inspector, after they weren’t being cared for properly in their previous home – however, it soon became apparent that all of the females were pregnant.

Since then, 40 babies have been born and are … Continue reading…

In the run-up to Easter, the RSPCA is warning pet-owners about the dangers of lilies – a popular flower at this time of year – following the deaths of two pet cats who ingested pollen from the flower.

The animal welfare charity was contacted by a heartbroken family in Wirral on Friday (7 April) after two of their cats became ill. Both cats were taken to a vet, however sadly they both died.

RSPCA inspector Anthony Joynes, who has spoken … Continue reading…