The RSPCA is appealing for information after five cats living in the same area of a Leicestershire town died from antifreeze poisoning in the space of two weeks.
Tests confirmed that all five of the cats who lived on or near Victor Avenue, in Melton Mowbray, had ingested the toxic substance.
The most recent incident involved seven-month-old Meereen, who died on Monday (12 December). Her owner, Adria Pearce, said: “We are all absolutely devastated and I haven’t been able to … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is urging people to put sports netting away after a fox was rescued when he got tangled in a football net in Staffordshire.
The young fox had got his entire body tangled overnight on Sunday (11 December) at a school in Hednesford Road, in Cannock. The RSPCA was called to rescue him the following morning when he was found.
When the RSPCA inspector arrived, the fox was weak after he had been struggling for hours to get himself … Continue reading…
A grey squirrel has been rescued in amazing circumstances, freed from the grill of a car in the North Wales area.
RSPCA Cymru was called after the squirrel became wedged between the grill and radiator of the moving car, in Llanberris on Sunday 13 December.
An RSPCA inspector attended the scene, and enlisted the help of a local garage – Moduron Maethlu Motors – who attended free of charge, and cut a hole in the vehicle to help set the … Continue reading…
RSPCA’s Newport Animal Centre is urgently appealing for items to help with the day-to-day care of animals at the centre.
The centre, based on Hartridge Farm Road, in Newport, is asking members of the public to donate newspapers, large plastic boxes and containers, blankets and durable dog toys, this festive season.
Items such as newspapers can be invaluable as bedding for small furry animals, whilst containers – with or without lids – store food and other pet care products.
The … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after a poorly ragdoll-type cat came into the charity’s care, after being found tied to a fence.
The cat was found on Caerleon Road in Ponthir on Sunday 11 December, and was tied to the fence using only a piece of string.
In desperate need of veterinary care, the cat was found visibly thin, with serious diarrhoea. It was constantly crying, and seemed in pain when her stomach was touched.
RSPCA Cymru is urging … Continue reading…