RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information following a suspected cat poisoning in Caerphilly.
Jack, a four-year-old black cat, came back to his Heol Y Ddol home on 21 October very unwell – he had been sick several times and couldn’t walk or move.
He was immediately taken to a vets, where sadly it was confirmed that he had been poisoned and on veterinary advice Jack was put to sleep.
RSPCA inspector Sophie Daniels said: “Our thoughts are with Jack’s owner … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after two kittens were found in a box in a park in Llandeilo.
The two black kittens – who were inside a cardboard chocolate box – were discovered by a passer-by and taken to a vets on Tuesday (25 October).
RSPCA inspector Holly Brown said: “These kittens must have been so frightened being left alone in this box, it was lucky they were found.
“They were taken to a vets, and found to be … Continue reading…
Nearly 3,000 calls about animals suffering from neglect were made to the RSPCA in Wales last winter and the charity is bracing itself for thousands more.
While many people are busy Christmas shopping, going on winter walks or cooking a family dinner, others are having to make a call to the RSPCA.
The figures show the shocking reality that while most will be getting excited in the build up to Christmas, the work of the RSPCA never stops, and … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information about the circumstances which led to a young, unwell puppy being abandoned at a Wrexham vets.
The RSPCA was made aware on 11 October that the young pup, aged approximately six weeks old, was left at Rhyd Broughton Vets, Gatewen Road, Wrexham. He was very poorly, visibly thin, weak, dehydrated and suffering from diarrhea.
He was in urgent need of veterinary care, so it was vital the puppy was able to get the care … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after four kittens were dumped in a crisp box on the side of a Cardiff road.
The 12-week-old black and tortie kittens were spotted in the early hours of Saturday morning (22 October) on the side of the road at Station Road between Llanishen and Lisvane.
RSPCA inspector Sophie Daniels said: “These poor kittens must have been so frightened being left alone in a cardboard box in the dark.
“We don’t know how long … Continue reading…