The RSPCA is appealing for information after an emaciated dog was abandoned in a wood, tied to a tree, with a bucket of water left next to him.
The male brindle Staffordshire bull terrier-type dog was found by a dog-walker in Warley Woods, in Smethwick, near Birmingham, on Thursday morning (8 September).
The dog – who has been named Abe and is thought to be aged around three – is now in the RSPCA’s care.
RSPCA inspector Mike Scargill, who … Continue reading…
ASSEMBLY Member for Newport West, Jayne Bryant, has accompanied the RSPCA inspectorate on several calls in and around the region.
The ride-along on Thursday 9 September gave Ms Bryant a chance to experience what RSPCA inspectorate deal with on a day-to-day basis. Throughout the course of a busy day, Ms Bryant along with RSPCA animal welfare officer Sian Burton dealt with a number of routine calls, including reports of alleged cruelty and dog and cat welfare.
Ms Bryant said: “My … Continue reading…
An injured badger has been rescued from a stairwell at Pembroke Castle, where an episode of the Antiques Roadshow was being filmed.
The frightened badger was found hiding on a stairway which was leading to a cave on Wednesday morning (7 September) while the TV classic was being filmed upstairs. After being discovered by a visitor, the RSPCA were called and the gate to the stairwell was closed off to the public as the castle was busier than usual due … Continue reading…
A buzzard found with a broken wing has been released back into the wild by the RSPCA, following his rescue and recovery.
The juvenile bird was admitted to RSPCA West Hatch in Somerset after he was rescued from a shed in Brynglas Drive, Newport on 15 July.
Six weeks after his admission the buzzard’s wing was fully healed and he was recovered and rested enough to be returned to the wild on Sunday. (4 September)
Now RSPCA staff have captured … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information following suspected cat poisonings in Llanidloes, Powys.
Sadly a black and white cat named Patch has died following a suspected poisoning in the Bro Dulas area.
It has also been reported to the RSPCA that another two other cats in the same area may also have been poisoned and sadly were put to sleep by a vet because they were so unwell.
RSPCA chief inspector (CI) Phil Lewis said: “The cat’s owner took her … Continue reading…