RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after two kittens were found locked in a suitcase in a Pontypool Park.

A member of the public contacted the RSPCA after they found the two kittens at Pontypool Park.

RSPCA inspector Kate Parker said: “The caller found the kittens in an old suitcase around 2pm on 24 September. The kittens are around eight weeks old and are female and were found to be suffering from diarrhoea. We don’t know how long they were … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a piglet – thought to have been a pet pig who was dumped – was found on a busy roundabout at a junction on the M62.

A member of the public contacted the RSPCA yesterday (Tues 29 Sept) morning after spotting the piglet on the roundabout at Junction 7 of the M62 at Rainhill, in Merseyside.

RSPCA Animal Collection Officer Derek Hampson said: “The roundabout has a lot of undergrowth and bushes and … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a kitten had to have her leg amputated after being shot by an air rifle.

Three-month-old Willow, pictured right, was found by her owner in Sturminster Way, Corby, on Friday (25 September) with a wound to her left front leg.

She was taken to the vets, where it was found that two pellets had caused the bones in her leg to shatter in such an extreme way that her leg had to be … Continue reading…

RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after 12 dead doves and pigeons were found in Flint.

A member of the public contacted the RSPCA on 24 September after finding the dead birds on a flat roof in the Church Road area.

RSPCA inspector Tim Jones said: “We are not sure what has happened, but we believe they were poisoned and are now trying to find out where any poison could have come from. There were around three doves and the … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a cat in Mansfield died from anti-freeze poisoning.

Bo, a three-year-old female tabby, pictured right, died from kidney failure, which can be associated with ingestion of poisonous substances. A vet examination found that she had ingested anti-freeze.

Her owner, Kevin Willis, of Princess Avenue, in Forest Town, Mansfield, said she seemed lethargic on Friday (September 18). Mr Willis, 60, knew the symptoms of suspected poisonings after losing two cats to it last year … Continue reading…