THE RSPCA helped rescue a bird that was trapped on a power line.
We were contacted by a member of the public after a rook was found caught in some wiring by his foot on an electricity post at Picton Road, Picton, Holywell, yesterday [27 August].
RSPCA inspector Rachael Davies said: “Scottish Power were really helpful and arrived within 30 minutes of calling them.
“The rook was rescued from the wire, but unfortunately was put to sleep due to his injuries. Although the rescue meant that the bird didn’t suffer a prolonged painful death.
“I’d like to thank Scottish Power Energy Networks engineer Nigel Greaves who carried out the rescue, and I would like to also thank Flintshire County Council’s streetwise team who also attended the incident and offered their services.
“This incident – although a sad one for the bird – was a good example of partnership working.”
If you spot an animal in distress, please call the RSPCA’s 24-hour helpline on 0300 1234 999.
If you would like to help the RSPCA, you can give £3 now by texting HELP to 78866 (text costs £3 + one standard network rate message). We are a charity and rely on public donations to exist.