THE RSPCA has assisted in the rescue of two birds that became trapped in a Swansea chimney.
The two jackdaws became stuck in the chimney of a Swansea Road property in Pontlliw and were unable to escape.
Following a call to the RSPCA, animal welfare officer (AWO) Andrew Harris attended the home this morning [Tuesday] and called Mid and West Fire and Rescue Service who sent firefighters from Pontarddulais fire station to assist with the rescue.
AWO Andrew Harris said: “The two jackdaws had been trapped in the chimney overnight.
“Apparently there were several others in there – the owners managed to free a couple but two remained trapped.
“Firefighters from Pontarddulais fire station attended and they used chimney sweep rods to coax the birds out which flew off no worse for their ordeal.”
If you would like to help the RSPCA, you can give £3 now by texting HELP to 78866 (text costs £3 + one standard network rate message). We are a charity and rely on public donations to exist.