A CAT has been abandoned on the side of the road at Gwespyr, Holywell.
The black cat was found in a small grey cat carrier on the side of the road off the A548 before Seaview holiday park on Thursday evening [19 February].
RSPCA inspector Kia Thomas said: “A member of the public initially heard the cat and then found her in a grey cat carrier near to her home.
“Thinking someone was going to return for the cat she … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru has taken part in a live exercise organised by Monmouthshire County Council to test major incident procedures.
RSPCA animal welfare officer (AWO) Sian Burton took part in the event held at Monmouth Leisure Centre yesterday [19 February].
As well as the council and RSPCA Cymru, South Wales Fire and Rescue Service, British Red Cross, St John Cymru-Wales and Raynet (The Radio Amateurs’ Emergency Network) took part.
The exercise involved around 14 dogs and more than 130 volunteer ‘evacuees’ … Continue reading…
IT is an age old question – what came first the chicken or the egg?
Well, for two RSPCA officers – in this case it was the chicken – after a stray chicken was found on Pentwyn Terrace, Abersychan, Pontypool on Wednesday. [18 February]
RSPCA inspector Gemma Black, along with RSPCA animal welfare officer Sian Burton, collected the lost chicken after it was first seen wandering the streets at 2.50pm.
Inspector Black said: “We picked her up and put her … Continue reading…
TRAINING is well underway for a group of runners getting ready to represent RSPCA Cymru on St David’s Day.
In just over a week, RSPCA Cymru staff will be springing into action for the St David’s Day 10k run in Cardiff on Sunday 1 March.
Under the name of Team Animal Cymru, runners will taking part in the 10k challenge as #TeamDog or #TeamCat – while raising awareness and funds for the Society at the same time.
RSPCA Cymru will … Continue reading…
THE RSPCA is appealing for information and warning pet owners to be cautious after a cat was poisoned in Aberdare.
The eight-year-old male cat, named Binx, from Llewellyn Street, was believed to be poisoned last Thursday [12 February].
Binx was rushed to the vets but was sadly put to sleep on veterinary advice.
RSPCA inspector Gemma Cooper said: “Binx was a very much loved member of the family and our thoughts are with them following this sad incident.
“Last year … Continue reading…