Tuesday 1 April 2014
A cat has been rescued (Monday 31 March) after getting himself stuck on the roof of a Carmarthenshire pub.
The black and white moggy had been missing for a few days before being spotted on the roof of the Salutation Inn in Nantgaredig.
His concerned owner called the RSPCA after attempts to entice the cat down with strong-smelling food were unsuccessful.
When Inspector Rohan Barker arrived he realised he would need some help to reach the cat and called on Mid and West Wales fire service for assistance.
Unfortunately as the cat was approached by his rescuers he ran up the chimney stack and popped down the chimney. Luckily for the cat the chimney was blocked with a bird’s nest and a fire officer managed to poke it out with a swan hook and net.
After checking the cat over for injuries he was returned to his relieved owner.
Inspector Barker said: “I think this cat might have used a few of his nine lives but luckily was unharmed by his adventure!
“I am so grateful to Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue who as usual were great and we couldn’t have got the cat down without their help”.
If you would like to help the RSPCA, you can give £3 now by texting HELP to 78866 (Text costs £3 + one standard network rate message).