The RSPCA is appealing for information after a horse was found suffering from such severe flystrike that maggots covered 20% of his body.
A member of the public spotted the horse – described as a piebald Cob-type gelding – on land just off Stranglands Lane, Knottingley on Tuesday 8 October.
A vet was called to the scene and after a thorough inspection decided the most humane thing to do was to put the horse to sleep.
Flystrike … Continue reading…
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a dog was found dumped in a ditch in Cottingham, East Yorkshire collapsed, emaciated and covered in sores.
The dog – an elderly male, neutered German Shepherd – was found and rescued from the ditch on North Moor Lane by a member of the public on Sunday 6 October.
They took him to RSPCA Hull Branch animal centre the next day and they called inspector Sarah Keith. She said: “This dog … Continue reading…
We are appealing for information after a young colt was found dumped and collapsed in a field in Gloucester with a horrific leg injury.
The skewbald yearling was found in the field off Naas Lane, Brookthorpe on Saturday (12 October). He had a large open and bleeding wound to his upper right fore leg and a swollen elbow on the same leg. The hoof on his right hind leg was also coming away.
The horse was lying collapsed on … Continue reading…
Control of Horses (Wales) bill aims to establish a fly-grazing free Wales
Monday 14 October 2013
RSPCA Cymru has welcomed the Welsh Government’s publication of draft legislation aimed at tackling fly-grazing and abandonment of horses and ponies across the country.
The Minister for Natural Resources and Food, Alun Davies AM, today announced his intention to fast-track the Control of Horses (Wales) Bill through the National Assembly for Wales’ legislative process.
The Bill will give local authorities the power to seize, … Continue reading…
RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information after a Caerphilly cat owner has seen three of his animals die of poisoning in the last two months.
The owner lives in Mill Close and two of his cats died within a day of each other on 8 and 9 October. Veterinary examinations conducted on both animals suggest that they had ingested antifreeze.
The chemical ethylene glycol, found in some household brands of antifreeze, has potentially lethal consequences when ingested by cats.
Cats … Continue reading…