A stray black King snake has been rescued from a Neath garden and returned to his owner.

The reptile was found at a property in Bryn Terrace where the owner remembered that a neighbour was looking for an escaped snake. An RSPCA officer made contact with this neighbour who confirmed that a black King snake had been missing since October 2012 and reptile and owner were reunited on Sunday 10 March.


King snakes are kept by many reptile keepers … Continue reading…

Friday 15 March 2013

Fifteen RSPCA inspectors – including one from the North East – have trekked up Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania – the highest free-standing mountain in the world – to raise money for the animal welfare charity.


An amazing 13 of them finished the trek, but the trip ended in disappointment when two of the team had to be brought down from the mountain early, ending their hopes of reaching the summit.


Animal collection officer Steve Smith … Continue reading…

The RSPCA’s East Winch wildlife centre is looking after a seal found on Felixstowe beach entangled in fishing line and with a big wound on the back of its head.


A member of the public cut the netting off the juvenile
Grey seal after it was found on the beach at Langard Point yesterday (Wednesday 13 March).RSPCA animal collection officer Kate Cornforth who stretchered the injured seal off the beach and took it to East Winch said:



Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for witnesses after a cat was shot in the eye with an air rifle.

Owner Rita Varis first realised something had happened when she saw her cat Herbie on a fence behind her property with blood coming from his eye.

She took him to be examined by a vet who at first thought Herbie had caught his eye on a stick.

Herbie’s eye was ulcerated and so the decision was made to remove it. To everyone’s … Continue reading…

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a spate of cat poisonings in Caerphilly Borough.

RSPCA officers have been told of three separate addresses where at least three cats have died of antifreeze poisoning with another six cats reported to have died of the same cause.

On Saturday 2 March a Trethomas cat was put to sleep after high levels of ethylene glycol were found in her urine. The veterinary surgery reported that three other cats in the area had … Continue reading…